Saturday, April 2, 2011

Basic Vegan Banana Muffins

The girls and I love muffins! I've recently had several requests for my Basic Vegan Banana Muffin recipe so I decided to post it here. I originally found this and tweaked it into the following:

Ingredients:

  • 3 bananas
  • 1/4 cup oil or vegan margarine, softened (coconut oil gives an excellent flavor)
  • 1/2- 3/4 cup sugar, honey or molasses
  • 2.5 cups white whole wheat flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 cup of any add in you like- We use blueberries, raisins, cranberries...one morning I even minced fresh mango and they turned out awesome! (oh and you can't forget the Vegan Chocolate Chips!)

Preparation:

Pre-heat oven to 360 degrees. In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork till soft (I used a potato masher). Add the oil or vegan margarine and sugar and cream together.
In a separate bowl, combine together the flour, salt,baking powder and baking soda. Combine with the banana mixture, stirring gently just to combine.
Fold in your 1 cup of add in ingredients (berries, nuts, chocolate chips)
Grease or line a muffin pan, and fill each muffin about 2/3 full with batter. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.

Ella loves muffins almost as much as she loves Olivia
 I've made this recipe so often (sometimes every day, they disappear so quickly) I have it memorized and can go from start to putting the muffins in the oven in 5 minutes. It's truly an easy recipe and something kids can help out with.


No comments:

Post a Comment