Wednesday, August 24, 2011

the bittersweet

"Turn around and you're two
Turn around and you're four
Turn around and you're a young girl going out of my door"
 As I type this, Ella is experiencing her first day of Pre K. Violet, not sure how to be without her partner in crime is looking every where for her...."where Ella go??". 
Saying goodbye this morning was bittersweet. Violet had stayed home with her Dad so it was just me and Ella. The look on her face when we hugged and said goodbye- it was meaningful- I wish I could describe it better than to say...her face was brave and excited. 
I feel so good about the school we have chosen; a place where peacocks and chickens run free and each child has access to a garden plot. A place where children can be children.


peacocks paying under the volleyball net
perched on the roof of Ella's classroom


No comments:

Post a Comment